Thursday, 20 June 2013

Montecristo Epicure No.2



Stars: 1.5
Purchased: Paris 25/5/13
Smoked: London 19/6/13
Country: Cuba
Size: Piramide (Torpedo)
‘This is a truly wonderful cigar when properly aged and if there are no construction issues’ – a quote from a review I read about this old stogie. I think this is the key point here, as I don’t think it was either properly aged or had no construction issues. We had to re-light them several times, mainly due to uneven burning. The only memories I have of the flavour were that it tasted like a cigar, which is not a particularly memorable thing. Slight notes of hazel nuts toward the middle, but apart from that, an uneventful smoke. For 14 euro, there are certainly better buys out there. -Adam

Very disappointing. Read a good review on it which got my hopes up. Visibly and tactibly the cigar was great, also, surprisingly light I thought, but that had no bearing in the end. When it came to smoking, had severe trouble keeping it lit. Most frustrating. Didn't really taste of much at all either. We ended up getting them from the 'top' cigar place in Paris which did seem very good, so hopes were even higher from that. Dashed in the end though.

No comments:

Post a Comment