Monday, 14 July 2014

Bossner Reserva Half Corona

Stars: 3
Purchased: XXX - Stockholm
Smoked: Edinburgh 13/7/14
Country: Nicaragua/Dom. Republic
Size: Half Corona
Notes: A great little 30min smoke that deserves to be explored again. Unfortunately lit this one up in a beer garden and was quickly joined by some friends, who were shocked and amused at seeing a brown stogie in my hand. Thus, I was a little self-conscious and couldn’t appreciate its notes as much as I’d wanted. But I’ll try to describe – very nutty, perhaps even some vanilla pod scents. Great size, perfect if you don’t want to spend an hour with a robusto between your digits. Quite enjoyable pre-food, and would also be very pleasant post, though not something too heavy. A creamy pasta would be ideal. It’s quite a short number so be careful to remove the two bands before they start to burn themselves (waiting for the stogie to heat up first of course).

*NB. I'm giving this cigar three stars, not because it wasn't worth more, but because I don't remember it being that memorable. Don't get me wrong - it was an excellent smoke, but I've had less tastier cigars that were more memorable, and I think that certainly plays a factor.





No comments:

Post a Comment